Thursday, December 02, 2010

Tutorial: American Flag

First of all: I didn’t planned this look. This look is different than the looks I said I was going to do this month. I’m sorry. I’ll put the other nail art I promised to do online in December.

Back to this article! This is the American flag. Or as other people call it; Flag of the USA. Everywhere I go and I have this on my nails I get compliments. My mom wanted It too on her nails, even some guy friends said they like it and couldn’t image I did this to my own nails.. And yes I did! It’s real easy to do. You just need a lot of time, and a lot of patience. Let’s go on to the tutorial!
What do you need for this nail art:
Nail polish-remover, cotton swabs, basecoat, red polish, blue polish, white(striper) polish, topcoat and toothpicks.
Let's get started!

1. Make sure your nails are clean and dry. Cuticle-oil or any cream on your nails will not count as ‘clean’. If your nails are clean and dry you apply your basecoat. After you applied your basecoat you color nails to bright red.
2. Step two is the rectangular. The rectangular has to be in the length a little bit longer than halfway your nail. Paint this part blue.





3. Next step is: stripes. You need white nail polish and a toothpick if you do not have a white striper. Make with the white polish stripes on your nail. The stripe you are making has to be as thick as the red in between two white stripes. Makes as many stripes as you like.

4. And last but not least.. the stars! Not many people can draw tiny little stars, imagen drawing tiny little stars with nail polish on your own nail. I can't! So I'm going to do dots instead of stars. The dots have to be drawn in line. I lined them in 3, 2 and 3. If you like you can also randomly color dots.
If everything is dry you can apply your topcoat.






That was the tutorial the American flag. Hope you liked it and good luck with this look!

O, and some of you may recognize this from another website. I didn’t steal it! I work for a other dutch beautyblog. I just want to combine one look/tutorial for two different beauty related websites and in two different languages.


xoxo Stephanie

2 comments:

  1. I love them! Am gonna try tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. when 4th of july is here i am totally ganna do this design its perfect!!! luv it!!

    ReplyDelete