Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Bee and Robin Hood Nails for Carnival

The reason I did not post any article the last few days is because here in the south of the Netherlands we are celebrating carnival. (Carnival, not the familiar carnival as Carnival de Rio de Janeiro but it do has the same religic reasons.) When it is carnival you dress up as you like and party five days long. The first two days I went as a bee and the other days I went as the female Robin Hood. But I wanted to have matching nails that are quickly done. The nails I wore is what I'm going to show you today.
Carnival is celebrated in almost every country but in every country it's different. Every country has their own rules for this event/holiday. Some even call it different. You may know carnival as Mardi Gras, Carny, Careto, Basler Fasnacht or Sitalsasthi Carnival.
This is what I had on my nails when I was a bee: A yellow nail, Yellow Polka Dot Bikini from China Glaze, with black diagonal stripes. First I wanted to freehand the black stripes but then I realised that I have an imageplate from Essence that has diagonal stripes. Don't mind the black cuticles, I took this picture right after I did my nails.

The other outfit was my Robin Hood one. Me and two other friends bought the same Robin Hood dress. But I wanted to be a little bit more different so I did my nails.This is what my nails looks like right now: It's a brown and golden moon manicure.
I know some of might want picture with me and the outfits I wore, a friend of mine took some pictures but it's going to take a while before I will get them.

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog! Which polish did you use for the 'Robin Hood' look?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi and thanks!
    For the Robin Hood nails I used Gold from GOSH and a brown polish from HEMA(store in western Europe).

    ReplyDelete