Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Bio Sculpture Snakeskin Manicure and Pedicure



Animal nail art is hot. But what I'm going to show you right now is a whole other level than just a cute animal nail print with Konad. No, these nails are made with real snake skin!

Terri Silacci is the woman behind the real snake skin nails. As a little girl she used to come home, out of school, with a snake skin. This is how she got inspired to do nails with the snake skin she found.


Nowadays, Terri owns a nailsalon where you can get a snakeskin manicure or pedicure. As you all know the skin of a snake will molt after a while. The molting skin is the skin that is used for all the mani's and pedi's. No snake will be killed or harmed for a treatment. One treatment will cost 150 to 300 dollars and it takes two and a half hours. Yes, two and a half hours! I still can't realise it takes that long, even when I know what is involved in a treatment. Do you want to know what she uses and does during a treatment? I've got a video for you:


A manicure will last 3 weeks, a pedicure will last up to 12 weeks.

So, what do you think about this? Do you think it's creepy or maybe even cute? I think it's cool, but in another way a little bit creepy. Would I get nails like these? No, just because it's still a little creepy, and it's way to expensive.

Information and pictures from http://www.deliciouslypolished.com/

1 comment:

  1. LOVED IT !! I wish i have it in my contry! awesome

    ReplyDelete