Tuesday, September 13, 2011

China Glaze "Anchors Away" Collection


Oh my, I should be ashamed right now! Okay. So I got a few polishes from the Anchors Away collection from China Glaze a while ago, and I planned to do an article on the polishes right after they were available in stores. But I totally forgot to post the article. I bumped into the article last week thanks to the new blogger interface! But, as my motto; Better late than never.

The pictures are taken a few months back. I remember, and you can see, the first picture from each polish is in natural daylight, is with a flash. Oh, and ignore the short nails and the not-so-pretty cuticles.


White Cap. A beautiful white sheer polish with a golden shimmer to it. It has a jelly substance. To get the perfect result out of this polish you need at least two or three coats.


First Mate. O, I love this color! It's a navy blue creme polish. The polish looks more like the second picture, the color you see on the first picture of First Mate is too bright.


Starboard. I don't like green polishes, but I do love this one. Starboard is a dark green grass color. Just as First Mate is this a creme polish which applies very nice.


Lighthouse. A yellow jelly polish with yellow shimmers in it. The extra shimmer in the polish gives a little 3D effect to it. I love it!


Pelican Grey. A light grey color with, as you can see a little grey shimmer. The shimmer isn't that noticeable when you have the color onto your nails.


Sea Spray. I don't really know how to explain this color. Some people say it's a grey-ish blue, I think I'll go with blue-ish grey. Just as the other grey polish, this one has a shimmer.


Sunset Sail. A peach/nude polish with a little shimmer in it.


Knotty. I got this polish and the first thing I thought was: "What is this for color?" I have to be honest, I still don't know. Is it a yellow nude, or a brownish white, is it a sheer silver? But, one thing is sure; I do love this color!
So, these are all the polishes I got from the collection. Which do you like, or which one(s) do you own? Let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Ik vind het ener laatste nude kleurtje heel erg mooi <3
    Liefs, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wauw, super, vooral die groene !

    ReplyDelete