Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tag: The Ultimate Nail Tag


Heya! The ultimate nail tag is been going around since years. A nail blog isn't complete without this tag. For me the task to do the tag and post it online. I just awnsered the question, but it feels like I already awnsered them in other tags. Anyways, if you haven't read the other one or you just like tags, go ahead, and read this one.




1. When did you start your nail passion?
I started my passion for nails and nail polish when I was very young. When my mom went to the drugstore, and I went with her, I always wanted to see the makeup aisle. Not for makeup in general, no, for all the nail polishes. Heaven! It looked like heaven! I could stand and stare to those polishes for forever and every now and then my mom told me I could pick out one or two polishes and than she purchased them for me.

2. When did you start growing your nails long?
I started to grow my nails long when I was in high school. Around the age of 15, maybe 16.

3. What are the secrets to growing long natural nails?
I don't have any secrets. My nails just grow fast. If I cut my nails short, they're long after one/one and a half week. But my nails are very weak and break of very often.

4. Do you like long or short nails?
I prefer long nails. But sometimes I have a period where I like to have short nails only. Then I just cut my nails off. When I'm tired of those short nails I don't have to wait long for my nails to get the length they were before.

5. Which do you prefer mostly: acrylic, gel, fiberglass or any other nail enhancement?
I've only tried acrylic nails before. Don't really like them. Gel nails look so much prettier, but, again, I don't have any experience with gel nails. I like to try them just to know how they feel and look.

6. Do you prefer false nails or natural nails?
Natural nails!


7. What nail shape do you like best: round, square, pointy, squoval?
Eventhough my nails are always oval or round shaped, I like the squoval shape better. I don't like the square, but I do like the square with a little rounded/oval edge/corner, which is squoval.

8. What nail polish brand do you love the most?
My favorite polishes are fom Catrice, a cosmetics brand. The polishes are very cheap, have a good quality and Catrice has a good range of colors. They even come with new polishes every spring and fall.



9. If you were stuck on an island, what would be the three nail items you would bring?
- Nailfile. To file the shape of my nails, and file my nails short when they are too long.
- Coral nail polish. There has to be a color on my nails. Coral is, for me, the perfect summery color.
- Lemony Flutter. The perfect creme for your cuticles and even for other dry spots on your body. I can even use it as an handcreme.

10. Why do you love nail art and how did you get started doing nail art?
Nail art is a way to express your feeling and show your creativity. I started doing nail art 4 years ago on a forum on a girls website. People held different nail art contests and I always participated because I could do better then other girls. Mostly I did, because I did won a few contests. Before I joined those contests I always wanted to start a blog. But I wanted to have a specific "theme". During those contest the thought of a nail blog came up and at the end of 2012 I started this blog, NailsByStephanie.


The questions;
1. When did you start your nail passion?
2. When did you start growing your nails long?
3. What are the secrets to growing long natural nails?
4. Do you like long or short nails?
5. Which do you prefer mostly: acrylic, gel, fiberglass or any other nail enhancement?
6. Do you prefer false nails or natural nails?
7. What nail shape do you like best: round, square, pointy, squoval?
8. What nail polish brand do you love the most?
9. If you were stuck on an island, what would be the three nail items you would bring?
10. Why do you love nail art and how did you get started doing nail art?


What is your experience on nails and nail polishes? If you have ever done this tag before, please link it below. I love to read yours as well. If you haven't done this tag before. Feel free to do the ultimate nail tag!

1 comment: